President Obama recently announced the most sweeping change in U.S. policy toward Cuba since the 1961 embargo was imposed. Ted Piccone discusses the events that led to this historic change in U.S.-Cuban relations and the changes that have been taking place in Cuba over the recent years. Mr. Piccone is a senior fellow with the Project on International Order and Strategy and Latin America Initiative in the Foreign Policy Program at the Brookings Institution.
A PODCAST FROM THE CCWA
Hear firsthand accounts and perspectives on current global issues, and examine international news stories behind the headlines. Experts, government officials, representatives of the media, and ambassadors explore relevant and timely geopolitical topics ranging from foreign policy to world economics and current global issues. Join the global conversation!
RECENT GLOBAL CONVERSATIONS PODCASTS
- In April 2022, The Cleveland Council on World Affairs had the opportunity to speak with Elizabeth Shackleford, a former U.S. Foreign Service Officer and now senior fellow on U.S. foreign …Read More »
- Guest: Fiona Hill Since her testimony in the 2019 presidential impeachment hearings, Fiona Hill is sounding the alarm on the conditions that lead to populism and democratic decline the world …Read More »
- Guest: David Pogue, Cleveland native, six-time Emmy winner for CBS Sunday Morning, and New York Times bestselling author. With climate change leading the agenda for many world leaders and yet …Read More »
- Our annual celebration of the previous year’s accomplishments and action will feature a keynote from University President Barbara Snyder, who will address a range of …Read More »
- The second installment of the CCWA’s marquee event — celebrating insight, engagement, and international action. Thursday, October 9, 2014 | Ritz Carlton Hotel – Cleveland …Read More »