March 23, 2022
In a world where conflicts most often make our news headlines, the connections that art can create across countries and cultures are perhaps more vital than ever. These connections are multifaceted: sometimes art creates space for unique international partnerships to flourish, sometimes music transcends conflict in ways than no diplomatic effort could, and sometimes art simply brings people together across cultures. Artistic connectivity is very rich in large global cities. International connections through art are also happening here in Cleveland in ways that expand our horizons and enrich our cultural experience. The Cleveland Council on World Affairs will be hosting a panel discussion on the various ways and art forms that serve as bridges between Cleveland and wonderful places on the other side of the globe.
Speakers in this dynamic panel discussion include André Gremillet, President and CEO of The Cleveland Orchestra; Heather Lemonedes Brown, Chief Curator of The Cleveland Museum of Art; Yaron Kohlberg, President of Piano Cleveland; and international pianist, Bishara Haroni.
This program is a partnership between the Cleveland Council on World Affairs and Cleveland Piano. It will feature a brief musical performance by Duo Amal, formed by Israeli-Palestinian pianists Yaron Kohlberg and Bishara Haroni.
5:30 PM Reception
6:00 PM Program begins
6:45 PM Q&A
7:15 PM Program concludes
Admission: Non-Members $25; Members $15; Students $5.
Location: The Glick Recital Hall, The Music Settlement at University Circle, 11125 Magnolia Dr.
Cleveland, OH 44106.
Parking: Parking for The Music Settlement is located behind the main building, accessible via Mistletoe Drive. Additional parking options include other lots in the area and street parking. Car services, such as Uber and Lyft, are always an option. CCWA also encourages walking, biking, or public transportation, including the RTA.
Registration: Register for this event below. With questions, contact our office at 216.781.3730
Registration for this event is now closed. Please Contact us with questions by phone (216) 781-3730 or email email@example.com.
CCWA’s 2021-2022 Foreign Policy Forum is supported by funding from FUJIFILM Healthcare Americas Corporation.
Foreign Policy Forum COVID-19 Protocol Update March 2022
In light of the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are amending our health security measures as we continue in-person programming.
As of March 23, 2022, the Cleveland Council on World Affairs will make the following changes to our Foreign Policy Forum COVID-policies.
Proof of vaccination or negative test
- All guests must show either proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result upon entry to the event.
- “Fully vaccinated” means that an individual has received BOTH a full course of the first CDC or WHO approved vaccine.
- Those guests who cannot be vaccinated must provide proof of a negative test result received from a completed lab-certified antigen COVID-19 test within 24 hours prior to entering the event or a negative test result received from a completed PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the venue. The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Home Test (the version requiring a virtual appointment) is an acceptable option. More information about COVID-19 testing is available on local or state Department of Health websites.
- Guests may present proof of vaccination or negative test on paper or a smartphone.
Masking and Social Distancing Options
- Masks are optional during Foreign Policy Forums
- Practice social distancing, as you feel comfortable
- Advance ticket purchases are required; No walk-ins allowed
- Credit card payment only
Stay home if ill
Guests who have been exposed to COVID-19 and/or are experiencing symptoms are asked to remain at home and contact us to request a refund.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns by phone (216) 781-3730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These guidelines are implemented at CCWA’s Foreign Policy Forum programs. Information about CCWA’s COVID protocols for our global education programs and other events, please contact our office.