- This event has passed.
The 2022 Global Economic Outlook
January 19 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Despite continued recovery from the pandemic in 2021, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank forecast that output in 2022 will be far below pre-pandemic projections. Moreover, the recovery has been very uneven, largely reflecting strong rebounds in certain major economies. Whereas in many developing economies, poverty rates have risen, and debt levels are high. As a result, the global outlook remains subject to significant downside risks, including the possibility of additional COVID-19 surges and financial stress due to debt burdens.
Join us for our first Foreign Policy Forum of 2022 with Michael Wiedokal, Founder and Executive Director of International Strategic Analysis (ISA). ISA provides country intelligence, economic forecasting and international market studies for many of the world’s leading companies. Mr. Wiedokal will provide his thoughts on economic performance in 2021 and his forecast for the global economy in 2022.
January 2022 Update: In light of the current surge in COVID-19 cases in Cuyahoga County, there will be no pre-forum reception (ticket price reduced accordingly). The program will start at 6:00pm. We ask that guests plan to arrive at 5:45pm to allow for check-in per CCWA’s new health security measures, including proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test. Please review updated COVID-19 Guide to participating in Foreign Policy Forums.
5:45 PM Arrival and Check-in
(Please review updated COVID-19 Guide to participating in Foreign Policy Forums.)
6:00 PM Program begins
6:45 PM Q&A
7:15 PM Program concludes
Admission: Non-Members $20; Members $10; Students free.
Location: The Union Club, 1211 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44115.
Parking: Parking at the Union Club is $10 for valet service. Additional parking options include other lots in the downtown area and street parking, if parking restrictions are not in place. Car services, such as Uber and Lyft, are always an option. CCWA also encourages walking, biking, or public transportation, including the RTA.
CCWA’s 2021-2022 Foreign Policy Forum is supported by funding from FUJIFILM Healthcare Americas Corporation.
Guide to participating in Foreign Policy Forums
Updated January 1, 2022
In light of the current surge in COVID-19 cases in Cuyahoga County, the Cleveland Council on World Affairs is enacting additional health security measures – as of January 2022 – to allow us to continue in-person programming.
Following the recommendations of public health officials, CCWA Foreign Policy Forums will be held in accordance with the following:
Proof of vaccination or negative test
All guests must show either proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result upon entry to the event.
- “Fully vaccinated” means that an individual has received the full course of a CDC or WHO approved vaccine.
- Guests who cannot be vaccinated must provide proof of a negative test result received from a completed PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to the event or proof of a negative test result received from a completed lab-certified antigen COVID-19 test within 24 hours prior to the event. The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Home Test (the version requiring a virtual appointment) is an acceptable option.
- More information about COVID-19 testing is available on local or state Department of Health websites.
- Guests may present proof of vaccination or negative test on paper or a smartphone.
Masks required at all times
- Masks are required during Foreign Policy Forums
- Masks are to follow CDC guidelines as to both type and proper usage
- Please wear your mask immediately upon entering the Union Club
- Please practice social distancing, as appropriate
- Seating will be limited and spaced out
- Advance ticket purchases are required; No walk-ins allowed
- Credit card payment only
By participating in CCWA Foreign Policy Forums, all guests confirm they have NOT:
- Experienced symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours
- Been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed over the last 48 hours with COVID-19
- Been contacted by a public health authority within the last 14 days, due to having been in contact with an individual infected with COVID-19
- Been directed to quarantine by a physician or public health authority
- Tested positive for, or been diagnosed with, COVID-19 within the last 10 days and / or not received clearance from a physician to discontinue isolation
If anyone responds YES to any of these, or if you are not feeling well or have concerns about attending, please call the office at (216) 781 3730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to offer a refund or exchange your ticket for another forum.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns by phone (216) 781 3730 or email email@example.com.