Updated January 1, 2022
In light of the current surge in COVID-19 cases in Cuyahoga County, the Cleveland Council on World Affairs is enacting additional health security measures – as of January 2022 – to allow us to continue in-person programming.
Following the recommendations of public health officials, CCWA Foreign Policy Forums will be held in accordance with the following:
Proof of vaccination or negative test
All guests must show either proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result upon entry to the event.
- Per the CDC, an individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-shot series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the J&J/Janssen vaccine.
- Guests who cannot be vaccinated, or who are not yet eligible for a booster shot, must provide proof of a negative test result received from a completed PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to the vent or proof of a negative test result received from a completed lab-certified antigen COVID-19 test within 24 hours prior to the event. The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Home Test (the version requiring a virtual appointment) is an acceptable option.
- More information about COVID-19 testing is available on local or state Department of Health websites.
- Guests may present proof of vaccination or negative test on paper or a smartphone.
Masks required at all times
- Masks are required during Foreign Policy Forums
- Masks are to follow CDC guidelines as to both type and proper usage
- Please wear your mask immediately upon entering the Union Club
- Please practice social distancing, as appropriate
- Seating will be limited and spaced out
- Advance ticket purchases are required; No walk-ins allowed
- Credit card payment only
By participating in CCWA Foreign Policy Forums, all guests confirm they have NOT:
- Experienced symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours
- Been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed over the last 48 hours with COVID-19
- Been contacted by a public health authority within the last 14 days, due to having been in contact with an individual infected with COVID-19
- Been directed to quarantine by a physician or public health authority
- Tested positive for, or been diagnosed with, COVID-19 within the last 10 days and / or not received clearance from a physician to discontinue isolation
If anyone responds YES to any of these, or if you are not feeling well or have concerns about attending, please call the office at (216) 781 3730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be happy to offer a refund or exchange your ticket for another forum.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns by phone (216) 781 3730 or email email@example.com.
These guidelines are implemented at CCWA’s Foreign Policy Forum programs. For information about CCWA’s COVID protocols for our global education programs and other events, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 781 3730.