The Cleveland Council on World Affairs’ Young Professionals Advisory Committee (YPAC) is a body of young professionals who support the work of CCWA in its efforts to engage young professionals and students in our programming by:
- Providing program feedback and insight to the board and staff of CCWA;
- Leading coordination of young professional events; and
- Serving as “community ambassadors” for CCWA and its programs
We welcome applications from professionals ages 20-35 who would like to join the YPAC Class of 2022-2024. To meet the Class of 2021-2023, check out our website.
Applications are due on April 29, 2022. Selection of the committee members will be announced in June 2022.
Young professionals and students, ages 20-35 years old at the time of application, are eligible for membership in the committee.
Requirements of YPAC Membership
To maintain active membership in YPAC, applicants must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident under the age of 35 of the Greater Cleveland area;
- Be a member of CCWA ($50 per year for individual membership, or $25 for student membership);
- Attend 2 committee meetings per year;
- Be able to commit to a 2-year term, limited to 2 terms; members are able to resign their term if and when circumstances dictate;
- Dedicate themselves to CCWA’s mission and exhibit a passion for advancing the vision; and
- Be able to engage enthusiastically in the work of the committee between meetings, as needed.
Responsibilities of Members
YPAC members are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Generate ideas for engaging a younger and more diverse audience through new methods of outreach and recruit other young professionals for CCWA programming;
- Provide feedback and recommendations related to boosting young professional engagement with CCWA;
- Serve as CCWA “community ambassadors”;
- Help develop a pipeline for younger Citizen Diplomat volunteers (volunteers who engage in international exchange programs); and
- Coordinate events as desired and as deemed appropriate by CCWA (social events or international-themed events targeted to young professionals).
Benefits to Members
YPAC members can expect to enjoy the following benefits of membership:
- Development of leadership skills in preparation for future nonprofit committee and/or board involvement;
- Opportunities to engage in small-group/private conversations with foreign policy experts;
- Targeted opportunities to meet with international visitors and/or guest speakers (once in-person speaker programs and international exchanges resume);
- CCWA membership benefits at the “Individual Member” or “Student Member” rate;
- Resume building and networking opportunities; and
- Opportunity to help advance the work of CCWA and play an integral role in local Citizen Diplomacy initiatives.
How to Apply
To apply, email the completed application form and your resume as one PDF titled Last Name_First Name_YPAC to Elizabeth Colvin at email@example.com. Applications are due by April 29, 2022. You can download the application form below:
Please note: The applications for the Young Professionals Advisory Committee Class of 2022-2024 are now closed. Selection of the Committee members will be announced in June 2022.
The applications for the Class of 2023-2025 will open in Spring 2023. Please check back later for more information.