With great sadness, we remember Michael Meissner, Chairman of the CCWA Board, who passed away unexpectedly on May 16, 2016. At this time our thoughts are with Mike’s family. We will miss Mike and remember him with great fondness. Michael’s relationship with the Cleveland Council on World Affairs started when he was a high school student at St. Ignatius and participated in CCWA’s Model UN program. That experience sparked his lifelong interest in world affairs. He joined the Council 35 years ago, and was elected the Chairman of the CCWA Board last year. Michael was passionate about world affairs and a dedicated and committed Board member. Michael and his wife Kathiann Kowalski were active members of the Cleveland Committee on Foreign Affairs.
A PODCAST FROM THE CCWA
Hear firsthand accounts and perspectives on current global issues, and examine international news stories behind the headlines. Experts, government officials, representatives of the media, and ambassadors explore relevant and timely geopolitical topics ranging from foreign policy to world economics and current global issues. Join the global conversation!
RECENT GLOBAL CONVERSATIONS PODCASTS
- In April 2022, The Cleveland Council on World Affairs had the opportunity to speak with Elizabeth Shackleford, a former U.S. Foreign Service Officer and now senior fellow on U.S. foreign …Read More »
- Guest: Fiona Hill Since her testimony in the 2019 presidential impeachment hearings, Fiona Hill is sounding the alarm on the conditions that lead to populism and democratic decline the world …Read More »
- Guest: David Pogue, Cleveland native, six-time Emmy winner for CBS Sunday Morning, and New York Times bestselling author. With climate change leading the agenda for many world leaders and yet …Read More »
- Our annual celebration of the previous year’s accomplishments and action will feature a keynote from University President Barbara Snyder, who will address a range of …Read More »
- The second installment of the CCWA’s marquee event — celebrating insight, engagement, and international action. Thursday, October 9, 2014 | Ritz Carlton Hotel – Cleveland …Read More »