With great sadness, we remember Michael Meissner, Chairman of the CCWA Board, who passed away unexpectedly on May 16, 2016. At this time our thoughts are with Mike’s family. We will miss Mike and remember him with great fondness. Michael’s relationship with the Cleveland Council on World Affairs started when he was a high school student at St. Ignatius and participated in CCWA’s Model UN program. That experience sparked his lifelong interest in world affairs. He joined the Council 35 years ago, and was elected the Chairman of the CCWA Board last year. Michael was passionate about world affairs and a dedicated and committed Board member. Michael and his wife Kathiann Kowalski were active members of the Cleveland Committee on Foreign Affairs.
A PODCAST FROM THE CCWA
Hear firsthand accounts and perspectives on current global issues, and examine international news stories behind the headlines. Experts, government officials, representatives of the media, and ambassadors explore relevant and timely geopolitical topics ranging from foreign policy to world economics and current global issues. Join the global conversation!
RECENT GLOBAL CONVERSATIONS PODCASTS
- On June 6, 2019, the Cleveland Council on World Affairs was pleased to present a panel discussion on the current relationship between the U.S. and Japan, in collaboration with the …Read More »
- Guests: Ambassador Gina Abercrombie-Winstanley, former U.S. Ambassador to Malta (2012-2016) Ambassador Bonnie Jenkins, Founder and President of Women of Color Advancing Peace, Security, and Conflict Transformation (WCAPS) Sanam Naraghi-Anderlini, Founder …Read More »
- Guest: Cathryn Cluver Ashbrook Cathryn Cluver Ashbrook, Executive Director of the Future of Diplomacy Project and the Project on Europe and the Transatlantic Relationship at the Harvard Kennedy School, joined …Read More »
- Earlier this month, the Indian government moved to revoke special status of Indian-controlled Kashmir, a long-contested region abutting Pakistan and China that constituted India’s only …Read More »
- Ambassador Kathleen Stephens, former U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Korea, is currently the President and CEO of the Korea Economic Institute of America. Ambassador …Read More »