Explore the World and Expand Your Perspective with CCWA's New Global Ambassadors Program!
Leadership. Impact. The World. CCWA’s new Global Ambassadors program for young professionals sparks global connections during an unforgettable global study trip and leadership development program — be a part of Cleveland’s global future and join us for the 2023-2024 program!
Global Leadership Grounded in Local Community
CCWA’s Global Ambassadors program invites emerging leaders in Northeast Ohio on a transformative journey to think more globally and to develop a broader vision for the future of our city. The program combines CCWA’s interactive global leadership course (LEADS) with an international study tour to Finland and Spain to explore business, social, and policy issues that resonate with Northeast Ohio’s emerging professional leaders.
Reimagining Cleveland’s Global Business Future
Global Ambassadors will engage in the LEADS pre-departure workshop series to strengthen leadership development, cultural competency, and global awareness. Participants meet weekly during the 8-week course in fall 2023 to explore how they can shape Northeast Ohio through a more global lens.
In May 2024, Global Ambassadors will travel to Helsinki, Finland and Madrid, Spain to widen their global perspectives. The study trip will explore economic development, sustainability, and community building through professional meetings, networking with young professionals in Europe, and cultural experiences. After their global travel, Global Ambassadors will engage in debrief activities to reflect and help bring lessons learned back to Greater Cleveland.
Join CCWA and Become a Global Ambassador
Are you a young professional interested in shaping Northeast Ohio through a more global lens? Are you ready to explore the world and expand your perspectives? Do you want to be a leader in today’s globalized world? If you answered yes, then this program is for you!
- September 25, 2023: Who Am I as a Leader?
- October 2, 2023: Cleveland & The Global Economy
- October 9, 2023: Social & Political Change Around the Globe
- October 16, 2023: Diplomatic Toolkit in Action
- October 23, 2023: Global Crisis Management
- October 30, 2023: How Culture Affects Worldview
- November 6, 2023: Strategies for a Culturally Diverse World
- November 13, 2023: Reflections for Global Professionals
- 2024 date TBD: Pre-Travel Orientation — Travel Logistics
- 2024 date TBD: Pre-Travel Orientation — Finland and Spain
- May 4-11, 2024: Study Trip to Finland and Spain
- 2024 date TBD: Post-Travel Debrief and Reflection
Who is eligible?
CCWA will select participants for its pilot cohort based on applications. The cohort will reflect Cleveland’s diversity, including diversity of professional backgrounds across sectors. Preference will be given to individuals who would otherwise not have opportunities for international travel. To be considered eligible for the program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a resident of Northeast Ohio between the ages of 25-35 years old, with a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience; we will not accept applications from full-time students.
- Must have a valid passport through November 2024. Applicants are responsible for passport and other travel requirements.
- Must be available to travel to Helsinki, Finland and Madrid, Spain, during the study trip on May 4-11, 2024.
- Must participate in eight pre-departure LEADS sessions, on Monday evenings from 5:30-7:30pm between September 25-November 13, 2023; two pre-departure orientation sessions in Spring 2024; and one debrief session post-international study trip.
- Must submit a $300 tuition fee for the program, if selected.
- Must commit to active participation in the Global Ambassadors alumni group after completion of the program.
What is included?
The program is essentially a full scholarship for 2023-2024; a small fee of $300 will be required of selected Global Ambassadors. Included are all pre- and post-departure programming in Cleveland. During the study trip, participants’ airfare, accommodations, three meals per day, in-country transportation, and in-country meetings with professional resources are all covered by the program.
How do I apply?
Applications for the Global Ambassadors 2023-2024 program have closed. For more information, please contact Elizabeth Colvin, Director of Global Education, at email@example.com or 216.255.9002