- This event has passed.
Working Internationally: Global Competency for Business
May 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
One event on May 26, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Do you work on a global team? Do you interact with international clients or partners? Are you interested in working more effectively with people from other cultures?
Join the Cleveland Council on World Affairs for a two-part workshop series to develop skills for working more effectively internationally.
Learning outcomes from the series include:
- Learn how to communicate more effectively across cultures
- Understand one’s own cultural perspective
- Identify and gain awareness of underlying dimensions of culture
- Recognize the importance of approaching cultural interactions with an open mind
The workshop series is designed to build participants’ global competency. The workshops are intentionally interactive and self-reflective. We believe that self-awareness and a willingness to accept diversity and unfamiliarity are the foundation of truly successful cross-cultural interactions over the long-term. Our training is rooted in this philosophical approach, and it combines interactive and experiential content to invite participants to approach cultural interactions with a more open mind, while offering well-researched information about cultural nuances.
The workshop series will take place over Zoom.
- May 19 from 12:00-1:30pm: Understanding Cultural Norms
- May 26 from 12:00-1:30pm: Developing Cross-Cultural Strategies
Admission: $250 per person. Registration is required.
Registration: This event will be held as a Zoom meeting. Please register below.
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Coerdt, Manager of Global Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 255-9002.