March 03, 2022
CCWA’s Academic WorldQuest Competition
Academic WorldQuest is a national competition in which teams of high school students test their knowledge about international affairs, U.S. foreign policy, and current events.
Teams compete over 10 rounds of questioning during this fun and competitive event. The winning team will have the option to participate in the national conference in the spring to represent Cleveland.
Our Competition will be held on March 3rd, 2022 @ 4:30-7:00 PM, at Cleveland State University in the Fenn Tower Ballroom.
Who Can Play?
Teams consist of 4 high school students from the same school with an optional alternate. Schools may register more than one team. There is a registration fee of $40 per team.
2021-2022 Academic WorldQuest Topics Include:
- Where Climate and Migration Meet
- Afghanistan: End of the 20-Year U.S.-Led Intervention
- Human-Centered Agenda to the Future of Work
- CDC and the Global Health Agenda
- Technology and Democracy: Threat or Promise?
- Great Decisions
- Global Supply Chains and National Security
- Persian Gulf Security Issues
- Brexit and the European Union
- Struggles Over the Melting Arctic
- China’s Role in Africa
- The Korean Peninsula
- Roles of International Organizations in a Global Pandemic
- The End of Globalization?
- 21st Century Money: Dollars to Digital Currencies
- Working for Peace Through Legacies of War: The Case of Vietnam
- Insecurity in China’s Neighborhood
- Current Events
A study guide is also provided to help teams prepare for the competition! Access the Study Guide here.
Registration and Questions
To register for CCWA’s Sixth Annual Academic WorldQuest Competition, click HERE.
For more information or questions about Academic WorldQuest, please contact Veronica Ruhe at (216) 255-9009 or email@example.com.