Guest : Ted Piccone
In 2014, President Obama announced the most sweeping change in U.S. policy toward Cuba since the 1961 embargo was imposed. Ted Piccone discussed the events that led to this historic change in U.S.-Cuban relations and the changes that have been taking place in Cuba over the recent years. Mr. Piccone is a senior fellow with the Project on International Order and Strategy and Latin America Initiative in the Foreign Policy Program at the Brookings Institution.
A PODCAST FROM THE CCWA
Hear firsthand accounts and perspectives on current global issues, and examine international news stories behind the headlines. Experts, government officials, representatives of the media, and ambassadors explore relevant and timely geopolitical topics ranging from foreign policy to world economics and current global issues. Join the global conversation!
RECENT GLOBAL CONVERSATIONS PODCASTS
- Guest: Dr. Marcus Noland Dr. Marcus Noland, Executive Vice President and Director of the Peterson Institute for International Economics, joined us in January for an overview of U.S. trade policy …Read More »
- Guest: Dr. Richard Haass The 2019 Global Impact Award honored Dr. Richard Haass, President of the Council on Foreign Relations, for his distinguished career as one of the most knowledgeable …Read More »
- Guest: Ambassador Kathleen Stephens Ambassador Kathleen Stephens, former U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Korea, and current President and CEO of the Korea Economic Institute of America, opened the Cleveland …Read More »
- Event canceled due to COVID-19. The 2019-2020 Foreign Policy Forum series is presented by Hitachi Healthcare Americas. Climate change is a global challenge that surpasses borders, …Read More »
- Event canceled due to COVID-19. The 2019-2020 Foreign Policy Forum series is presented by Hitachi Healthcare Americas. In the coming years, global issues of migration, climate …Read More »