Guest : Ted Piccone
In 2014, President Obama announced the most sweeping change in U.S. policy toward Cuba since the 1961 embargo was imposed. Ted Piccone discussed the events that led to this historic change in U.S.-Cuban relations and the changes that have been taking place in Cuba over the recent years. Mr. Piccone is a senior fellow with the Project on International Order and Strategy and Latin America Initiative in the Foreign Policy Program at the Brookings Institution.
A PODCAST FROM THE CCWA
Hear firsthand accounts and perspectives on current global issues, and examine international news stories behind the headlines. Experts, government officials, representatives of the media, and ambassadors explore relevant and timely geopolitical topics ranging from foreign policy to world economics and current global issues. Join the global conversation!
RECENT GLOBAL CONVERSATIONS PODCASTS
- Guest: Dr. Nizar Zein Dr. Nizar Zein, Chairman and Medical Director of Global Patient Services at the Cleveland Clinic, explored top challenges in global health care and international medicine as part of …Read More »
- Guest: Ambassador Henne Schuwer Ambassador Schuwer joined the Cleveland Council on World Affairs for a Foreign Policy Forum to discuss the lasting relationship between the Netherlands and the United States. Ambassador Schuwer …Read More »
- Guest: Senator George J. Mitchell The 2018 Global Impact Award honored Senator George Mitchell for his distinguished career as a peacemaker in Northern Ireland and his work as a U.S. …Read More »
- The Cleveland Council on World Affairs and The City Club of Cleveland are pleased to present a forum on the United States’ debt structure and …Read More »
- With deadlines fast approaching, and negotiations still ongoing, the fates of Brexit and the European Union remain very uncertain. Cathryn Cluver Ashbrook, Executive Director of …Read More »