Guest : Ted Piccone
In 2014, President Obama announced the most sweeping change in U.S. policy toward Cuba since the 1961 embargo was imposed. Ted Piccone discussed the events that led to this historic change in U.S.-Cuban relations and the changes that have been taking place in Cuba over the recent years. Mr. Piccone is a senior fellow with the Project on International Order and Strategy and Latin America Initiative in the Foreign Policy Program at the Brookings Institution.
A PODCAST FROM THE CCWA
Hear firsthand accounts and perspectives on current global issues, and examine international news stories behind the headlines. Experts, government officials, representatives of the media, and ambassadors explore relevant and timely geopolitical topics ranging from foreign policy to world economics and current global issues. Join the global conversation!
RECENT GLOBAL CONVERSATIONS PODCASTS
- On June 6, 2019, the Cleveland Council on World Affairs was pleased to present a panel discussion on the current relationship between the U.S. and Japan, in collaboration with the …Read More »
- Guests: Ambassador Gina Abercrombie-Winstanley, former U.S. Ambassador to Malta (2012-2016) Ambassador Bonnie Jenkins, Founder and President of Women of Color Advancing Peace, Security, and Conflict Transformation (WCAPS) Sanam Naraghi-Anderlini, Founder …Read More »
- Guest: Cathryn Cluver Ashbrook Cathryn Cluver Ashbrook, Executive Director of the Future of Diplomacy Project and the Project on Europe and the Transatlantic Relationship at the Harvard Kennedy School, joined …Read More »
- Earlier this month, the Indian government moved to revoke special status of Indian-controlled Kashmir, a long-contested region abutting Pakistan and China that constituted India’s only …Read More »
- Ambassador Kathleen Stephens, former U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Korea, is currently the President and CEO of the Korea Economic Institute of America. Ambassador …Read More »