ADVANCE YOUR SKILLS TO SERVE AND WORK WITH PEOPLE OF INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL BACKGROUNDS
The Cleveland Council on World Affairs will work with your organization to design a customized training program to improve employees’ global competencies. Our unique approach helps improve participants’ intercultural communication and equips them with strategies to more successfully work with partners of different cultural backgrounds.
This interactive training is modular and can be delivered in a variety of formats, such as a half-day workshop or a series of sessions, and can include materials tailored to meet an organization’s industry or geographic needs. The Cleveland Council on World Affairs has also worked with academic institutions to enhance students’ global competency, and we have held public workshops for individual participants.
Workshop Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes will differ depending on the audience and may include:
- Understand one’s own cultural perspective.
- Identify and gain awareness of underlying dimensions of culture.
- Recognize the importance of approaching cultural interactions with an open mind.
- Learn how to communicate more effectively with people from different cultures.
Who Should Participate?
This training is applicable to a broad range of individuals, including those who travel abroad for business purposes and those who come to the United States for work or study. Participants may include:
- Groups or individuals in Northeastern Ohio who work internationally and require training to understand business norms prior their departure to a certain country or countries.
- Individuals and companies who employ international professionals, including those with work visas, and require training on the nuances of how to be successful in managing international employees with different work cultures, human resource structures, and working relationships.
- International employers and employees who seek orientation to and understanding of American culture and business practices.
- Individuals who wish to meet new people, travel or work internationally, and discuss the nuances of culture to develop greater global competency.
Upcoming Global Competency Trainings:
The public workshop series scheduled for March 4, March 18, and April 1, 2020, has been suspended due to COVID-19.
To schedule a customized workshop for your organization or for more information, please contact Elizabeth Coerdt, Manager of Global Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 255-9002.
CCWA received the Global Competence Associates’ Global Competence Organization designation, and the Global Competence Aptitude Assessment (GCAA)® Authorized Representative recognition.