- This event has passed.
Community Event: Understanding the Requirements for Successfully Expanding Your Business Abroad
October 31, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
This outreach program is for Northeast Ohio manufacturing firms seeking paths to expand their businesses, exploring various
ways for companies to expand operations into other countries as well as investment into the USA.
- Structuring the ownership of foreign operations
- Taking organizational and taxation issues into consideration
- Basics of using licensing agreements
- Forming a joint venture or acquiring a foreign company or its assets
- Foreign companies partnering with and investing in US companies
- Steve Petras, a partner at Baker Hostetler who practices in the area of international business transactions, will discuss the legal
aspects of conducting international business.
- Deb Wilcox, a partner at Baker Hostetler LLP who practices in the area of international intellectual property protection, will discuss
protecting your trademarks, trade secrets, know-how, and copyrights when doing international business.
- Allen J. Littman, Principal at the Firm of Allen J. Littman who practices in the area of international taxation, will discuss the tax
aspects of structuring international business and will cover the points mentioned above from an international tax perspective.
- Christy Woskobojnik, an accountant with Dyke Yaxley who has more than 20 years of experience with privately-held companies in the professional services, transportation, and manufacturing industries will discuss common misunderstandings and pitfalls for those who begin to do business in the U.S.
Location: Holden University Center at Lakeland Community College, 4242 State Route 306, Kirtland OH 44094
Hosted by the Kent State University College of Aeronautics and Engineering in conjunction with Baker Hostetler LLP, International Business Network (IBN) and NEOTEC. CLE Credits will be offered.
for attending this program.
Cost: $30 including a full breakfast ($35 at the door). Click here to register.