Cleveland LEADS: Leadership, Exchange, and Diplomacy Scholars Program
October 12 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Monday, repeating until December 14, 2020
Show the World How… Cleveland LEADS
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in an increasingly globalized world?
How do topics such as global competency, intercultural understanding, diversity, and global awareness impact what we do everyday in Greater Cleveland?
How can young professionals shape the region of Northeast Ohio through a more global lens?
The Cleveland LEADS program seeks to answer these questions. Throughout ten weeks, Cleveland Leadership, Exchange, and Diplomacy Scholars will explore their role as emerging leaders through the pillars of leadership development, global competency, and international exchange.
We know that Cleveland LEADS, and we want YOU to join us in developing the leaders of the future!
Who Should Apply
Cleveland LEADS is for early to mid-career professionals who are interested in developing their global competencies and becoming more internationally-minded leaders. Applicants should be between the ages of 20-35 at the time of the application deadline. All sessions will take place virtually. Program dates will be announced at a later date, but will typically take place on Mondays, from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., once a week from October 5th through December 18th.
- Introduction – Week of October 5, 2020
- Who Am I as a Leader? – Week of October 12, 2020
- World Affairs 101 – Week of October 19, 2020
- Cleveland and the Global Economy – Week of October 26, 2020
- How Culture Affects Worldview – Week of November 2, 2020
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation – Week of November 9, 2020
- Diplomacy in Practice – Week of November 16, 2020
- Assessing Risk and Crisis Management *flexible topic – Week of November 30, 2020
- Taking Action: Mobilization Around the Globe *flexible topic – Week of December 7, 2020
- Conclusion – Week of December 14, 2020
How to Apply
To apply, register here. Registration for Fall 2020 is $1,000. Full scholarships to waive the registration fee are available to interested participants. To be eligible for the full scholarship, please complete the optional scholarship application within the registration link. Registrations are due by Tuesday, September 1.
If you are interested in getting involved with or learning more about Cleveland LEADS, join us for a Q&A session!
- Register for the Q&A session on Tuesday, August 11 at 12:00pm here.
- Register for the Q&A session on Thursday, August 20 at 5:30pm here.
Please contact CCWA’s Manager of Global Education Elizabeth Coerdt at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. We hope to see you this autumn!