The Cleveland Council on World Affairs’ Young Professionals Advisory Committee (YPAC) is a body of young professionals who support the work of CCWA in its efforts to engage young professionals and students in our programming. YPAC members do this by providing program feedback and insight to the board and staff of CCWA, leading coordination of young professional events, and serving as community ambassadors for CCWA and its programs.
Responsibilities of Members
YPAC members are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Generate ideas for engaging a younger and more diverse audience through new methods of outreach and recruit other young professionals for CCWA programming;
- Provide feedback and recommendations related to boosting young professional engagement with CCWA;
- Serve as CCWA “community ambassadors”;
- Help develop a pipeline for younger Citizen Diplomat volunteers (volunteers who engage in international exchange programs); and
- Coordinate events as desired and as deemed appropriate by CCWA (social events or international-themed events targeted to young professionals).
Benefits to Members
YPAC members can expect to enjoy the following benefits of membership:
- Development of leadership skills in preparation for future nonprofit committee and/or board involvement;
- Opportunities to engage in small-group/private conversations with foreign policy experts;
- Targeted opportunities to meet with international visitors and/or guest speakers (once in-person speaker programs and international exchanges resume);
- CCWA membership benefits at the “Individual Member” or “Student Member” rate;
- Resume building and networking opportunities; and
- Opportunity to help advance the work of CCWA and play an integral role in local Citizen Diplomacy initiatives.
How to Get Involved
The applications for the Young Professionals Advisory Committee Class of 2022-2024 are now closed. Selection of the Committee members will be announced in June 2022.
The applications for the Class of 2023-2025 will open in Spring 2023. Please check back later for more information.
Join us at Upcoming YPAC Events
We are currently working to create events for young professionals. Please check back later for more information.
Meet the Young Professional Advisory Committee Members, Class of 2021-2023
Daniel Bollinger, President
Legal Counsel, The NRP Group LLC
Kevin Warman, Vice President
Teacher, Constellation: Westside Community School of the Arts
Hannah Smith, Social Chair
Attorney, Tucker Ellis LLP
Nathan Flauto, Friend-Raising Chair
Operations Coordinator, Tradesmen International
Maria Garcia-Olalla, Secretary
Program Associate, Cleveland Council on World Affairs
Graduate Assistant for the Office of Vice President for Student Affairs, Kent State University
Law Student at Case Western Reserve University
Senior Treasury Analyst, Nordson Corporation
Departmental Records Specialist, Career Services & Student Employment, The University of Akron
For any questions about the Young Professionals Advisory Committee, please contact Elizabeth Colvin, Manager of Global Education, at email@example.com or (216) 255-9002.