BUILD YOUR RÉSUMÉ WHILE EXPERIENCING THE WORLD AT WORK
The Cleveland Council on World Affairs offers engaging internship opportunities. General description, deadlines and information on how to apply can be found in the following link: CCWA Internship Opportunities.
Internship positions may include: International Visitors Program Intern, Model United Nations Intern, Membership & Development intern, Special Events and Marketing intern, Strategic Communications Intern, and Graphic Design Intern.
What interns can expect from the Council
- Opportunities to develop skills and complete meaningful projects that can be used in a work portfolio or for credit (based upon college/university policy)
- Monitoring and supervision as the interns work to achieve their goals
- Involvement in CCWA events (attend lectures, speeches, discussions, etc.)
- International Leadership Seminars, where interns will have the opportunity to have a discussion with staff, organizational leaders, or selected members of the Board of Trustees who will share their professional experiences and the wide range of international careers available
- Experience day-to-day operations in a small nonprofit organization with an international focus
What the Council expects from interns
- Commitment to the mission of the Cleveland Council on World Affairs
- Development of goals for the internship and the desire to find ways to meet these goals
- Knowledge of general CCWA activities
- Attention to detail in their work
- Attendance at programs during the internship period
- Attendance at meetings appropriate to the intern’s projects