Support the Council
Donations provide crucial support and enable the Council to continue its important education programs in the community that help increase international knowledge and involvement in Northeast Ohio. Here are just some of the ways your gifts make a difference:
- Public Lectures and Special Events: Your donations allow us to host lectures featuring nationally recognized experts on the most important global issues of our times.
- Model United Nations and Jr. Model UN: Your gifts support simulated global conferences where student teams compete and debate to resolve important world issues. Each year over 800 area high school and middle school students participate in our conferences, sharpening critical thinking skills, debate and public speaking skills and world knowledge. Top contestants receive a scholarship award.
- International Visitors Program: The Council hosts more than 400 professionals from around the world to meet and exchange ideas with their local counterparts. Your donations help us attract an increased number of international delegates and their spending power to our region.
Friends and members of the CCWA make their donations in many forms. These include gifts in the form of check, credit cards, gifts of securities or pledges, matching gifts, bequests or planned gifts that give donors special tax benefits. Please feel free to contact us for additional details about your philanthropic options.
The majority of gifts received by the Council are given in the form of check or credit card. The Council provides fast and convenient ways of making your contribution. The Council’s Ambassadors Circle recognizes donors who support our work through an annual commitment of $1,000 and above.
*Please make checks payable to the “Cleveland Council on World Affairs” and mail to:
Cleveland Council on World Affairs
812 Huron Road, Suite 620
Cleveland, OH 44115
Payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover by calling Jenni Carney
Make a Pledge
When you make a pledge it helps CCWA better project financial resources available for programs throughout the year. Pledges may be made by downloading the CCWA pledge form below and mailing it to our offices.
Gifts of Securities
Gifts of securities often present significant tax benefits on the donor. With your gift you will be eligible to take a federal tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the stock on the date of your gift.
Please download the Pledge Form
and mail it to our office or review the Stock Gift Instructions
for making a stock gift. For more information contact Jenni Carney
Many corporations have matching gift programs that help increase the amount and impact of your donation. If your employer offers this benefit, please attach a matching gift form with your contribution.
CCWA's Planned Giving Program offers donors flexible and creative options to philanthropy that benefit both CCWA and the donor. CCWA works with planned giving specialists at the Cleveland Foundation to help you set up a plan that best suits your philanthropic and financial goals.
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
For more information please contact Jenni Carney