The Cleveland Council is seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Director of Speaker Programs
PURPOSE: To educate Clevelanders about international affairs by planning and implementing Cleveland Council on World Affairs’ speaker programs.
The Director of the Speaker Programs is responsible for all aspects of programming for the public programs of the Cleveland Council on World Affairs (CCWA) and programs of the membership of the Cleveland Committee on Foreign Relations (CCFR). The Director works in close collaboration with all Cleveland Council on World Affairs departments to ensure successful public programs that support the organization’s mission to provide greater understanding of international relations and global issues and their impact on our region. The Director is responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of all aspects of programming for the public speaker programs and programs of the Cleveland Committee on Foreign Relations. The Director of the Speaker Programs is responsible for marketing, media relations, and management of logistics and operations of all events. Maintaining active and productive
relationships with CCWA members, community leaders, individuals, nonprofit organizations, corporate donors, board members and staff is an essential part of this position.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops,plans, and executes CCWA public speaker series and eight speaker events of the Cleveland Committee on Foreign Relations. Attends and oversees all speaker events, most of which occur in the evening
· Identifies and initiates collaboration with local organizations on joint programs.
· Works closely with chairs and members of the Program Committee and CCFR Committee to
execute programming to support these goals. Defines content of all programs and contracts
· Generates program objectives, goals and timelines and works cross-departmentally to ensure
that milestones and goals are reached and speaker programs have as large an impact
as possible among CCWA members, general public and students.
· Authors and crafts all marketing, promotional, press and website materials.
· Manages and directs volunteers, and vendors to ensure successful project execution.
· Serves as liaison to board members, donors, and sponsors.
· Works closely with Chief Operating Officer to oversee budget.
· Creates office systems to support all programming projects and operations.
· Collaborateswith staff, consultants, and board as an effective and proactive team player to
ensure positive working relationships and strong communications across all
program areas to strengthen CCWA’s overall effectiveness.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or Nonprofit Management, Marketing, English, Communications,
International Relations, or other relevant field required.
· Minimum two years of professional programming and event experience.
· Demonstrated success in effective marketing and media coverage of events.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent written, verbal and analytic
· Results-oriented approach. Ability to lead multiple projects and to plan, prioritize, coordinate and
manage own work. Ability to work autonomously and to make decisions and solve problems
independently, effectively and creatively.
· Excellent project management skills. Effective leadership of volunteers, consultants, vendors and
outside agencies, focused on generating positive team environment.
· Ability to interface with a wide variety of constituencies and individuals with tact, decorum, and
· Interest in and awareness of global issues is essential.
· Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter by Friday April 27, 2012 to CCWA’s President, Ambassador Heather Hodges,